This is based on a powerpoint presentation put together by Warren and Shirley Grabinsky in 1985, and tells of the fire that destroyed the old church building and the building of the current church. The Spirit at work.
The Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists joined in 1925 to form The United Church of Canada. Vernon’s two churches did not unite until four years later and there was a great debate about which building should become the United Church in Vernon. Finally, the decision was made to use the Presbyterian Church on the corner of Mara and Barnard. This building was known later as St. Andrew’s Hall and was incorporated into the larger church that was built in 1953.