Click on the link above to view the new format for presenting Trinity United Church’s financials for the year to date 2018, through September 30th.
This new format allows you, the reader, to see where funds are spent based on the priorities of the congregation. There are eight categories:
1. Worship – all revenues and expenses associated with weekly worship – includes an allocation of building maintenance costs and presbytery allocation.
2. Pastoral Care – all revenues and expenses associated with pastoral care.
3. Children, Youth and Young Families – all revenues and expenses associated with children, youth and young families. Please note funds received from the Hurlburt Sale Proceeds investment will be shown in this category as a revenue item (but are not yet showing as a year to date item)
4. Outreach – all revenues and expenses associated with outreach. This includes the TUC food bank, refugees, Alexis Park school Christmas lunch, World Food Day, Mission and Service, and all other Outreach activities.
5. TUC Community and Faith Formation – all revenues and expenses associated with activities directed primarily to members of TUC. This would include UCW, Men’s Group, study groups, prayer groups, Healing Pathways, etc.
6. Church Community and Hospitality – all revenues and expenses associated with activities directed outside of members of TUC such as Cubs, Scouts, Al-Anon, Blood Services Canada, etc.
7. Administration – all other revenues and expenses that cannot be allocated to one of the other six categories.
8. Capital Expenditures – includes all revenues and expenses associated with capital expenditures (expenditures where the expected usefulness of the expenditures are capital in nature – this would include items such as the replacement of the Air Handling Units, the contingency capital expenditures related to required and discretionary capital expenditures)
Did you know? Trinity United Church conducts about 54 worship services each year! It costs almost $3,200 per worship service!!
Trinity United Church, Vernon, BC